Saturday 3 August 2019

Who'll Stop the Rain?


Who'll Stop The Rain by CCR

Long as I remember the rain been comin' down
Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun.
And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain.

I went down Virginia seekin' shelter from the storm
Caught up in the fable I watched the tower grow
Five year plans and new deals wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playin', how we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together tryin' to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pourin', fallin' on my ears
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain. 



"I went down Virginia"



"Five year plans and new deals wrapped in golden chains. And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain."

This is really a very profound song when you stop and think about it. Where is the rain falling? It is falling on his ears. The rain is a flood of lies. That was what CCR was talking about. Even way back then they knew that it was all lies. They were in the middle of the Viet Nam War and a lot of people who had grown up in very patriotic households came of age in a time when they were confronted with the fact that the country that they had loved was capable of executing the Gulf of Tonkin false flag and sending 50,000 young Americans to their deaths on a foreign field and thousands of others to a life sentence behind the bars of their own horrific memories.

I am sorry to say that the nightmare is far from over. In fact, it may only be beginning. But there is hope. Not in government and not in man, money or strength of arms. There is hope in Jesus Christ the Son of God who is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. There is a storm here now and a worse one is coming, but shelter can be found in the Lord.